2016 Junior US Open Championships
Junior US Open participants, supporters, and sponsors: thank you to ALL for making the tournament and related activities during the week such a success. Fun was had by all! Many had great performances!
Our "resident" photographer Barak passed along these links to photos and a video. He included many pictures of each skier so that people can choose the pictures they like. Under each picture is a download link. Please use it and save the files you like to your own computer.
Detail about the Jr US Open Championships can be found on the USA WaterSki website. Click here for the fact sheet and other information: http://www.usawaterski.org/juniorusopen/JuniorUSOpenMediaContacts.html
Practice for the Jr US Open:
- Paid practice at $25 per set (4 slalom passes, 4 trick passes, 3 jumps).
1 pm – 6 pm Thursday June 30th and 9 am – 5:30pm Friday July 1st.
Practice will be available on both lakes (slalom on the upper lake, jump/trick on the lower lake).
- Practice reservations will be required. Please review the practice schedule for available slots.
- Make payment and indicate your first, second and third choice time slots in the comment box.
- The practice slots will be updated as practice requests are received and payment is processed. Check the practice schedule after a few hours of submitting your request.
- If the skier misses their practice slot on the day of practice, then the next available slot can be used at the direction of the practice coordinator.
Hotel / Camping information:
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown. 136 N Comrie Ave, Johnstown, NY 12095. Reduced rates are offered for Junior US Open skiers and families. Book at 518-762-5425 and use the reference Junior U.S. Open / Water Ski. http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/new-york/johnstown/microtel-inn-and-suites-johnstown/hotel-overview?WID=LC:MT:20150901:Rio:Local
- The Inn at Cobleskill. 121 Burgin Drive, Cobleskill, NY 12043. Book at 518-234-4321. This hotel is close to Howe Caverns. http://www.innatcobleskill.com/
- Camping is also available on site. Pangaea does not provide campers or tents, so if you are renting a camper or bringing your own, or looking to tent or stay in the bunkhouse, reservations are required (see camping section for pricing and reservations); this is to ensure there is space for everyone. Note that there are options to rent a camper through a local RV rental company (http://www.alpinhausrv.com/check-our-models--rentals).
- Officials are staying at different locations.